Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Up for Air

Surfacing to take a staggered breath, and then back down I go.

NYCC was absolutely wonderful!  Thanks to everyone who visited and said hi.  A special thanks to everyone who purchased a raffle ticket!  And a huge, personal thank you to those of you who bought my art.  There was one zombie candy corn left after the show, and it sold from the Tenacious Toys surprisingly quickly.  NYCC 2013 Exclusive Zombie Candy Corns are SOLD OUT!  ^.^  I feel surprisingly accomplished.

Highlights include but aren't limited to: Getting in early to help set up, signings, raffles, The Walking Dead panel, Archer panel, getting THE LAST 10th anniversary Walking Dead #1 variant comic, bumping into people I knew but didn't expect to see.  But that will never top the 2010 adventure where Greg Nicotero recognized me from my childhood shenanigans at Chiller Theatre with Lia Savini.

Me at my second signing on Friday (Oct 11)! 

The Walking Dead panel


Chiller Theatre was SO MUCH FUN.  Spent the weekend vending with Nick Jodice, and we had a fantastic time overusing hand sanitizer and selling art and other stuffs.  We laughed, drank, and conversed with con attendees until our feet were sore and throats hoarse.  Then we did it again.  And again.  We were joined by Adam Pratt on Saturday, who brought a few custom-painted items -- several of which sold!

Highlights include but are not limited to: jumping the curb to park on the grass, borrowing someone's hand cart for 10 minutes, having Nick ask the girl covered in blood (Carrie costume) if she was ok, having people recognize and buy my art.

I was trying to get a picture of me in front of my table.  Hello, Nick photobomb!

I am 1/2 of the Break the Mold L table.  Look!  My stuffs! And there's Nick in the background selling his awesome stuffs.

DCON.  It is not a pest poison...well, it is, but not in this context.  DCON is the popular abbreviation for Designer Con, and it is this weekend.  I've painted a beautifully bloody Zombie Crummy Gummy (the zombie is my current go-to paint scheme when I've wasted weeks trying to come up with something else...and failed), and have sent it to CA to be a part of Crummy Gummy x Manny X's show.  Super excited :)  That means I've been in 6 shows this year.  It would have been 8, but the PTB didn't want me to participate in so many and stretch myself too thin. ^.^

Zombie Crummy Gummy
So, yeah.  That's what's been going on for the last month.  Coming up, I might have a Thanksgiving collaboration with the lovely Jennipho, and after that, there may be resin Christmas trees by KiD iNK iNDUSTRIES' Kris Dulfer.  Keep your eyes open!

Talk to you soon, nerds.  I miss you too.  But at least you get to see some new art! 

kthxbai


No comments:

Post a Comment