Thursday, January 17, 2013

Thirsty Thursday

Thirsty Thursday is a bit of a misnomer.  I am currently thirsty, but not for alcohol.  Today has been a surprisingly non-stressful day, which makes me happy.  The unfortunate part is that when things don't go wrong, I have nothing to report.  That brings special meaning to the phrase "no news is good news," I suppose.

I've recently worked on a bunch of Goblin Town gobos.  They're coming along slowly because I'm not drybrushing the skin -- I'm highlighting everything individually.  In the long run, it doesn't really matter the method, but I did try flatbrushing a few of them, and even though they're still very nice, I know that I utilized an easier, quicker method.  It essentially means I feel less accomplished having spent only 5 minutes on each model instead of nearly 30.  Eh, whatevs.  We'll see how I feel come this weekend.  If I have the time to devote to nonstop gobo painting, I'll opt for highlighting.  If not, I'll flatbrush.  OR I'll do a combination of both.  Oh, my life is so hard.  I have such difficult decisions to make.


Motorbot recently released a Mini Scowl in his store, and even though parts of them have been painted, I'm going to see if I can get my paws on one that's resin only.  They look like a lot of fun to paint, and once these freakin' gobos are done, and I return Mr. DuBose's Egg Nabber...(oh yeah I was going to work on Zombies too.  Again.  My life is so difficult.  I can't decide what fun project to begin next...), maybe I'll start on the Hoot Hoot.

Haha, and just like THAT, my words of happiness have angered the gods of work.  I have lots of aggravating things to do.  SO many, in fact, that I've let this post sit for over four hours.

Right, then.  Back to work.  Oh, look.  It's time to go home. ^.^  Suckahs!

What did we learn today, nerds?  To never EVER think to yourself "work has been really easy today and I'm kinda bored."  Because some all-mighty translucent hoobajoob will raise an eyebrow and say "challenge ACCEPTED!" and smite you.  You'll be smote like you've never been smote before.  Then you'll need an alcoholic drink on this wonderful thirsty Thursday.  See what I did there?  I came full circle.  I'm so clever. 

kthxbai

Oh, yes.  And stay nerdy.

No comments:

Post a Comment